As we come to the end of April, I’ve taken some time to reflect on the future of this blog. Don’t worry, it’s not ending – it’s expanding! I’ve been doing these strain reviews for three months now, and I’m really starting to get the hang of it. I even put out some non-review content, and I did really enjoy that as well. This post is to announce a break from the reviews for the month of May, and lay down the schedule and content for Neurodivergent & Stoned going forward.
May Tolerance Break
Each time I make a purchase for a review, I typically get a gram. Even though I use cannabis daily, I’m not a heavy user, so I’ve got a stash building up. I wanted to take time in May to work through that stash without purchasing anything new – we’re not wasteful with our weed. So no, I’m not actually taking a tolerance break in the usual sense, but I am taking a break from purchasing new strains. I addition to that, I’ve got a lot going on in May:
- Travel: I’m going to be flying back to the east coast briefly and then DRIVING back to Montana. It’s going to take about a week, and since we’re passing through a number of non-legal states I won’t really have the access or time to review anything during this time.
- Turning 27: May is my birthday month, so I want a nice little break from doing things. My content during May is being written and scheduled in April so I can relax.
- Figuring Things Out: My life is about to get a lot busier with my husband preparing to go back to college, and I’m working on setting up some things here and there. This blog is a big part of my future plans, and I want to make sure it has the best chance going forward. This may include figuring out how to monetize it, but I will need to find a way to do it that is not intrusive to my readers. I want to make this blog fun to read without shoving annoying ads in your face.
As I said, I have content coming for May that, by the time you read this, will already be written and scheduled out. I wanted to do more content that still fits into that cannabis + neurodivergence niche, and my how how-to guide was a way to dip my toes in. I also have a review for a tincture that I’ve been putting off posting that might come out in May as well.
And Finally, the Future of This Blog
I’ve been at this long enough to know that I want to keep doing it, but I need to set down a schedule. That’s not exactly easy for a neurodivergent person, but we’re gonna test it out. Here is the plan, as it stands:
- Four Strain Reviews Every Month (Most Likely posted on Saturday or Sunday)
- Relevant Posts (How-to Guides, Discussions, etc.) 1-3 times per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- A Continuation of the Monthly Roundups (1st day of the month)
- No matter what, one post during the week and one during the weekend, regardless of if I can keep the MWF schedule or not.
- Potentially reviewing other products, including CBD and smoking implements like the dry herb vape I use for nearly all of my reviews.
As you can see, I did include a bit of wiggle room for myself. As I am starting to slowly gain a readership, I’m also open to suggests from you. What do you want to see on this blog in the future? Let me know in the comments.